Thursday 27 March 2014

Step by Step for Times Flies

Hi Everyone,

As I created my page for Scrap The Boys this month I took photos of my process and have created a step by step tutorial for you.

Here is my completed page:


Here is the step by step tutorial: 

These are the products I used:


1. I started off by gesso-ing the left over strips of cardstock, that I create when I cut down 12 x 12's to 8 1/2 x 11's. I then stamped my selected across one of 3 1/2 x 12 strips. I then colored them in with the Milan fibrepens. I then sprayed them with a little water and sat them aside to dry:




2. while the embellishments dried I gesso-ed my background cardstock and dried it with my heat gun. I then decided where I wanted my circle embelishments and traced around a spare one to create a starting place. I then took the same fibrepens and starting with the lightest color, colored the circle in, sprayed with water to make it run and then dry with the heat gun. After I completed this I then decided that the yellow was not dark enough so I repeated the process:  




3. Next I took the second piece of 3 1/2 x 12 cardstock and measured my picture against it and cut to create a photo mat. I then cut the remaining piece in half:  


I then used the fibrepens to to color in the pieces as pictured below. I then sprayed them with the water and dried them with my heat tool:






4. For the title I stuck some letter stickers to my craft mat:


coated them with gesso:


colored them in  


sprayed with water:


and dried with my heat gun:



5. I arranged the photo where I wanted it and then added all the embellishments until I was happy and then glued them all down:  

6. Next I added the title the page:  



Here are a couple of close ups:





See you all again soon.

Love
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Wow - so much work Michelle, & a fab tute...thank you!

    And a fab LO at the end.

    ReplyDelete