Tuesday 25 February 2014

Stuck! February 1st Reveal Challenge Entry

Hi Everyone,

Here is the February 1st Reveal sketch from Stuck:


And here is my entry:



Here are some close ups: 






I really twisted this sketch up, although I kept the general idea of it. To create this page I started with a gesso-ed background (I always have a few of these at hand. I tend to create a few when my mojo is at a low or late at night when I can't sleep), and then glued the die-cut book paper and die-cut shapes to the page with matte gel medium. While that was drying I chose the papers to go with my photo. These papers are the new Polly Scraps main kit: Passionfruit Soufflé. I love this kit, the colors are great. I then cut what I needed to size. The vellum in the background is a left-over piece from my LSS Stamp Crafts Mount Bundy Retreat last year (I made little bags for each person attending). With the first layer dry I scrapped gesso over the entire page. When this was dry I added the initial color  by spraying onto the plastic sleeve my kit ce in and then flipped and spread over my page with my hands. When this was dry, I spritz spray at in rivals along the top and allowed it to run down the page. I let this bit dry naturally as it creates better light and shade in the runs. I then worked out where my cluster was going and then used my gelatos to color in feature pieces of my background. I then completed my page.

See you all again soon.

Love
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Fab lo, love the combination if texture and colour,thanks for sharing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic page, love the texture and color! Thank you so much for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of papers! Love how you layered it up.....Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mixed media layout and the watercolour look. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete