Thursday 27 February 2014

Stuck February 15th Reveal Challenge Entry

Hi Everyone,

Here is the sketch from the February 15th Reveal:



This is the photo I took inspiration from for my colors and background design:



And here is my entry:



Here is a close up:



To create this page I gesso-ed the background by scraping the gesso on with an old iTunes card. Then I added moulding paste through a stencil and let it to dry. While that dried I chose papers to go with my photos, I used the Polly Scraps Passionfruit Souffle kit. I then used a wash of spray ink and water to paint the background and dried it with my heat gun. I then used a tiny paintbrush to paint the lime green spray on some of the dots to mimic my photo inspiration. Once again I dried it with my heat gun, to speed the process up. I then added the turquoise spray ink my splattering it and then using a dropper to create the larger spots. I let this dry naturally for a while and then soaked the rest up with paper towel.
While  the last little bit was drying off I cut the papers to size, matted my photos and decided what sticker I wanted to use. I then completed the page.

See you all again soon.

Love
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Wow what a great take on the sketch! I love that background! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page - love your background work! Thanks so much for joining us at 'Stuck' this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background work is fabulous. Great job on your layout! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background work is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun background treatment. Thanks for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job on your layout and I like how you flipped the sketch. thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete