Friday 4 January 2013

Creativity Day Three

Today's creativeness once again comes from Creative Jump Start 2013. Today's Jump Starter was Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. I have been following Julie for a while now, and I love love love what she does, but have never got the courage up to try.

Well today was the day, I played first with some small tags, before creating on a larger tag. I am so super happy with the result and will be doing this again tomorrow :-).

I used Julie's Punchinella 12 x 12 Stencil from The Crafter Workshop, staring with the hexagon section and spraying with Dylusions Melted Chocolate (mixed 50/50 with water), then I used Jo Sonja's Matte Fluid Acrylic in Titanium White and Brilliant Magenta through the circle section of the stencil. Next I used Distress Ink Walnut Stain through the star section of the stencil down the left hand side.

I then used the Radiant Lettering Guide Stencil 3/4", a stencil brush and Reeves Acrylic Paint in Gold to stencil 2013 on the bottom right and random letters in the top right. I then used the stencil brush to go around the outside edge.

I then decided it needed something more, something darker that would stand out so I used Kaiser Craft's Tree Stencil and Distress Ink Soot Black and stenciled half a tree in the middle on the right.

After that I spattered watered down left over white and magenta paint, then sprayed water to soften it all slightly, and then dried with my heat gun.

Finally I hand wrote "To the journey ahead and drew around 2013.

I forgot to photograph a couple of steps, and at the moment some of the pictures are upside down, when I next get access through my computer to the Internet I'll fix all that up.

I hope you have enjoyed ...











No comments:

Post a Comment