Sunday 6 January 2013

Creativity Day Four

I tried to post this Friday but it did not go through. So here it is today (Sunday). I did not post yesterday as I went to bed super early with a migraine.

Friday the 4th's creativity once again comes from Creative Jump Start, with Heidi Swapp. I just love Heidi and today she showed us how to create and use homemade masks, and how to layer up with other masks, stencils and stamps to create fabulous results.

I started by creating a Christmas ornament mask from scrap paper and taped this down over my tag. Then using Crafter Workshop Mini Pointy Circles and Distress Ink Spiced Marmalade I added the ink in a circular fashion until I was happy with the color. I then shifted the stencil to the left slightly and sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Key Lime Pie and after removing the stencil dried with my heat gun. I then gently rubbed Distress Ink Fired Brick in a circular fashion all over the exposed area of the mask. I then stamped Stamp-It Handwriting over the top with Distress Ink Walnut Stain.

I then removed the mask and some of the tag surface was accidentally pulled away with the masking tape (as my husband used the last of my low tac tape), so instead of getting upset I decided to go with the flow as Julie Fel Fan Balzer would say and I did some more pulling away of the top layer of the tag with some extra masking tape I had left over. Then I took my Distress Ink Walnut Stain and inked around the outside edge of the tag and worked my way in to get an aged look. I then used Distress Stain Black Soot to slightly darken the outside edges of the tag.

I decided at this point that it needed to be softened so I sprayed with water 2 or 3 times and dried in between with my heat gun. Next I decided to crumple the tag up to age it some more, and then I rubbed the Distress Ink Walnut Stain pad over the creases to highlight them. I then sprayed with water again to soften and dried with my heat gun.

Looking at the tag I decided that it needed a bit of shine, so I pulled out my VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad and rubbed it over the creases and then put American Craft Brand Zing Copper Metallic Finish Embossing Power on and heated it with my heat gun. As a final touch I decided to stamp a sentiment from Kaiser Craft's Christmas Sentiments in Stazon Black ink.

I hope you have enjoyed.













No comments:

Post a Comment